Because I’m sexually transitioning I need to to change my legal first-name, which is currently “Alexander”, to a female name and I’ve certainly been taking my time to decide! I just want it to be perfect, seeing as I have the chance to make it so. I’ve narrowed down my choices to 4 possible names and I’ve been asking my friends what they think suits me best and why.
I thought that anyone who has an opinion and sees this post could also let me know what they think.
The names I’m considering, in no particular order, are:
1) Aurora - meaning itself (Aurora).
Pronounced: “o ROR ah”.
2) Imogen - meaning “Maiden”.
Pronounced: “IM oh jen”.
3) Halion - My own variation from Halcyon, which means “Calm”.
Pronounced: “HAL ee on”.
4) Sable - meaning “Black”.
Pronounced: “SAY bull”.
This list is not necessarily final and should I hear a good suggestion, I suppose it could expand. However, I have looked at an enormous amount of names, so I suspect I have considered most suggestions people are going to throw at me.
Please note this post concerns my legal name, not my internet Alias. That will remain Sphirex :) …To clarify I currently use Sphi and Sphirex as my name in real life too.
But anyway… feel free to vote and let me know your opinions?
- diaryofadopefriend666 likes this
- xxcandycoatedbitchxx likes this
- happilyeveraftertheequinox likes this
- alejandro-ep likes this
- iwasnotreadyforthecold likes this
- theycallmekarma answered:Harlow?
- lets-start-with-forever answered:sable *-*
- graeme13 answered:I personally like Aurora. Simply because of it’s connection to the Aurora Borealis.
- spookyunicorn answered:I think Halion fits you and it sounds awesome :)
- redpowergirl answered:what if you combine both names? and make it your own?
- josejobo likes this
- pauloadriani likes this
- we-are-godless answered:Aurora.
- lamuertebella answered:Sable sounds good!
- finnenbitch answered:I really like Sable
- kimurakraft answered:Halion or Aurora. kinda prefer Halion very different and quite feirce too.
- lilisakills answered:Luminara.
- derekjosephstearns answered:Loving Halion!.. Reading your top 4 made me think of the name Aeterna.. meaning eternal light.. Good luck with your choosing! =]
- rainbowgilly answered:Sable.
- n0tsafe answered:I think Imogen and Sable are lovely names :)
- m-i-s-a-n-t-h-r-o-p-i-a answered:Aurora or Halion
- xxmiwxx answered:I think Sable is a beautiful name. ^^
- mossdash answered:Aurora sounds good for you!
- poolside-massacre answered:Aurora ^_^
- xowlx answered:Sable
- dishonourably-discharged answered:If I were you I’d choose Aurora or Sable.In my opinion the other choices sound kinda dull and childish, but Aurora and Sable both sound noble
- imrunninglateimustache answered:Im so seeing you as an Aurora. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful person :D xxx
- kohlver answered:Aurora.
- crisilla answered:I love Sable and I think it’s fitting for you~
- intergalacticwarrior answered:Aurora
- pleasesistermorphine answered:Aurora
- jackcorbett answered:LOVE Aurora goes really well with your second name !!! xxx
- thepromiseofevolet answered:I think Sable would suit you. It’s a very pretty name. I also like Esmée:)
- deatharoundmyeyes answered:I think Imogen would really suit you, it’s a beautiful name :)
- cruelamfi answered:Aurora is goddss of the dawn and Aurora Borealis is another name for Northen Lights. I vote for this name.
- butagnyom answered:Aurora!
- gothikbeauty answered:Aurora
- saintgermain-xo answered:Aurora! :)
- liquidsadism answered:i think “Aurora” suit you well, and i love the sound :)
- jeffree-the-violent-psycopath answered:Sable
- fabmatic answered:the second one is intersting sounds like sth egyptian :P